Friday, April 4, 2008

of note.

my dad is coming to visit in a few short weeks. since he is flying around the country before ending up in sydney, i am going to meet him in brisbane and then we are going to see what kind of nonsense we can get up to. i am thrilled and excited- my dad and i have never traveled just the two of us and it will be an experience unlike anything we've shared.

so i've been looking up flights from brisbane to sydney- domestic flights are remarkably affordable in australia, almost unbelievably cheap sometimes. even international flights are obscene: i found a flight from singapore to darwin, australia for $38. $38! that, my friend, is what you call a deal. anyhow, virgin blue is one such budget airline and as i was nosing around their site i decided to read the terms and conditions of carriage. it was all rather routine, though the following struck me as quite humorous:

"the only item that can occupy a seat (other than a guest of course) is a cello. to book an extra seat for your cello please call the guest contact centre.
"

i love this. i think my favourite part is that the airline feels the need to clarify that a cello is the only thing other than a guest of course. as if there would be an airline that only filled its seats with string instruments, airbuses with row upon row of celli destined for the travel hotspots of the nation. the stradivarius would fly first class of course.




i have booked my flight to brisbane for april 23. i selected my seat (10d), on the aisle with an empty seat to my right. i'm crossing my fingers for a viola.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Joalanta wants to know what can be done about a double bass.

chris.